• Technological Breakthrough and the Evolution of Knowledge Network: Evidence from the Artificial Intelligence Research
Finalist for Max Boisot Award, European Group for Organizational Studies Conference July 2018
Winner, Lazaridis Institute Entrepreneurship Poster Competition at Wilfrid Laurier University June 2018
• In .Gov We Trust? Trust Ambivalence and the Growth of Digital Payments Following Demonetization in India (With M Joshi, JP Vergne & N Su)
Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (OMT), USA 2019
Annual Conference of Strategic Management Society (SMS), USA 2019
Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC) Conference, Canada, May 19
- Honorable Mention Award in Organization Theory Division
Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), USA 2018 >
- Best Paper Award in Strategic IT track
European Group for Organizational Studies Conference, Estonia 2018
OMT Paper Development Workshop, UBC, Canada 2018
The First Annual Toronto FinTech Conference, Canada 2017
• Sculpting the Holy Grail: The Shaping of Artificial Intelligence (1956-2018) by Public and Private Organizations (with JP Vergne)
Presented at IDeaS 2019 Workshop: Interpretive Approaches to Data Science in Management at the Alberta Business School.
• #GirlPower: Women’s Political Empowerment and Female Entrepreneurship (With M Seong)
Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (ENT) 2018
1st Runner-up, Lazaridis Institute Entrepreneurship Poster Competition at Wilfrid Laurier University June 2018
• Determinants of Firms Nonmarket Strategy: Ownership and Lobbying in Emerging Economies
Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (BPS) 2017
Research Fellow, CryptoEconomics Lab, Ivey Business School, October 2018 - Present
Past research experience
*Research Assistant to Tahera Yesmin, Assistant Professor, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. (2010)
Relevant publication: Determination of optimal ordering quantity and reduction of bullwhip effect in a multistage supply chain using genetic algorithm
I wrote code in C++ of Genetic algorithm (GA) and simulated annealing and helped the professor to run the simulation and find an optimal solution for a multistage supply chain's ordering quantity. I was instrumental in pointing out to professors that, lower range chromosomes produce better results, which resulted in a major contribution of that paper.
*Research Assistant to Seratun Jannat, Assistant Professor, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. (2009)
Relevant publication: Optimal Solution for Multi-Objective Facility Layout Problem Using Genetic Algorithm
I wrote code in C++ of Genetic algorithm (GA) and helped the professor to run the simulation and find an optimal solution for Multi-Objective Facility Layout.
*Research Assistant to Nouroz Islam, Lecturer, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, (2008)
Relevant publication: Fuzzy optimisation of multi-objective job shop scheduling based on inventory information
I wrote code in C++ of Genetic algorithm (GA) and helped the lecturer to run the simulation and find an optimal solution for Multi-Objective job shop scheduling. Simulated Annealing was used and two results were compared.